Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fair-ly Well

Well, the fair is over for another year. Things I liked about this year:
--seeing Lou get SO VERY excited about "Elvis" and getting to eat with him
--having one of our 4-Hers win the Fair Queen contest and do a great job as Queen
--the Dove ice cream that I ate way too much of
--the BBQ running out before I was sick of it
--the cookies Willie brought!!!!
--getting to see people
--seeing people so excited about their ribbons
--hearing the applause for Brian's "mutton-busting" skills
--watching the kids get their animals ready
--riding around on the golf cart and Kubota thingys
--having internet, a printer, soft drinks, and a comfy couch at the new fair office
--eating lunch on the bleachers with Mom & Patti - the breeze, food, and company were really nice.

I'm really trying to remember the good instead of the chewing out I got this afternoon, the resentment I feel at having to do some of the things I do, the exhaustion and tears, the feeling that I'm not doing anything really worthwhile out there, the pressure to make people happy while knowing I won't ever succeed. I know I'm not perfect, my patience (never great to begin with) wears very thin, and I am human and make mistakes. I never try to hurt people, or forget them intentionally, but I do. I keep thinking, "if they only knew....." while wishing that I could drop it all, or at least parts! One of my bosses, Martha Ray, came by on Friday. She always said she looked for the fun. She said you just have to do some things and you might as well enjoy it along the way. I wish I could have done better at that this week instead of venting. It seems like that if I vent, I feel better but I'm sure it comes across that all I do is complain which is not what I want! I hear enough complaints from others, and I'm sure the people I vent to feel the same way. To err is human? sigh. such is life. I know, I should work on my attitude!!!!!!!!!

No comments: