Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alone

I really needed to hear Noel's lesson this morning "Never Alone." I guess I needed the reminder than even though I may be lonely at time, I'm never alone.

I won't be alone much this week, that's for sure. The White County Fair is this week! People have asked what I do out there all week. Basically, I'm not in charge of anything, I don't tell people what to do. I'm there as a support or advisor, to work with the many volunteers out there, and try to keep the peace and make people happy. I do lots of little things - we have a "worker area" and I hosed down the bathroom with bleach, washed out all the kitchen drawers of the little mouse droppings, cleaned dishes, cleaned counters, etc. I also make lots of coffee, make sure that the donuts are handy, do paperwork, and get lunches ready. I help with the Fair Queen Contest (no, it's not a pageant they tell me) - put on the reception, work with my Extension Homemaker ladies, coordinate with people, eat cookies, drink punch, smooze, direct, and help the judges. Not to mention loading my car with two wicker screens, a trophy, a tiara, a sash, chair covers, food, a change of clothes, a step stool, my file box, parade signs, coolers, etc. I'm also attempting to try out four crock pot recipes this week - creamy crockpot risotto (Tuesday), jalapeno corn pudding (Wednesday), Mediterraean Chicken (Thursday), and Vegetarian No-Noodle lasagna (Friday).

So, check out the schedule:
Monday - 4-H Poultry Chain Sale (need any chickens?!?) and Fair Queen Contest
Tuesday - Talent showcase, check in exhibits like jelly & quilts, FREE night
Wednesday - judging of those jelly jars and quilts, dairy show, gospel night
Thursday - Senior Day (free lunch, entertainment, and free admission for the older folks), Cody Slaughter (young Elvis impersonator - really good!), Bullriding
Friday - Kid's Day, Livestock Auction, Kentucky Headhunters, Rodeo
Saturday - armband day for carnival (I think), demolition derby, rodeo, last day to buy a stomach bomb (polish sausage) or a funnel cake.

1 comment:

LET said...

Whew! You have a busy schedule. It'll be over soon, though-hang in there. :-)